SecuraSoft NSF to PST Converter – Product Review
IBM Notes is the most preferred application for a collaborative environment where communication, data organization, maintenance, creation, etc., is an everyday task. However, not everyone prefers to work with the application owing to a number of reasons while some do not have a choice to stick to it. NSF to PST Converter is an application that comes to the rescue of such users by enabling them to switch to another client without compromising on the data. The developers claim it to be one of the best solutions available in the market for fulfilling the respective need. Following is a review of the product taken based on a testing performed on it. Read more to know more about the application (more than the websites tell you) and decide the worth of investing on it for a migration from Notes to Outlook.
The Key Features Offered By SecuraSoft NSF to PST Converter
Besides the migration of complete data from IBM Notes database file to an Outlook PST file, the software on being tested featured the following options that made the entire conversion process whole lot easier. Read more:
- You can purchase the tool in a Business or Technician license to migrate the data directly to Exchange Server mailbox(s) as per the requirement.
- Benefit of It: Well this feature is evidently suitable for organization level of migration because selection of more than one Notes database is done in the process enabling you to switch your entire platform of communication and collaboration within organization at once.
- Export settings can be applied to make the generated output more organized beforehand. The featured options are of applying filter on different data sets and splitting the output PST. Date based filters are available for emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, and journals.
- Benefit of It: Selective data can be exported without wasting time in transferring data that is of no use to the user by applying a date range to specify the lot. Moreover, splitting of output data file enables managing the size.
- Advance settings featured by the application make it feasible to choose between keeping the data as it is and making changes to it. HTML formatting can be maintained, message level encryption can be removed, internet header maintenance can be enabled, migration of DocLinks and all documents items, along with more features that are similar.
- Benefit of It: These additional settings make a huge difference in the entire conversion process by customizing it according to the user. Moreover, the settings ensure that users are given complete freedom in converting what and how to be converted.
- A report is generated as a Comma Separated Values file at the location of output generation. This report consists of entire information related to the data converted in the process.
- Benefit of It: Users can perform a comparison and keep a record maintained of the data that has been converted to help them in future conversions.
Unmatched Benefits: The application comes as a freeware edition. With the help of trial, it is possible for a user to test the product of its potential in order to be sure before making an investment for long-term conversion that the tool will be serving. However, the limitation is to export only 25 items from each data category as per the demonstration. However, it can be surpassed by purchasing the license of NSF to PST Converter.
Drawbacks Associated: The biggest and most evident drawback that the software has is that it does not offer a preview of the NSF file contents. Users won’t be able to view what they are converting which could be slightly confusing if they are unfamiliar with the file name.
Apart from the named drawback, SecuraSoft NSF to PST converter is a tool that built in an efficient manner thus, doesn’t lack anything else. There are ample of advantages that come packaged with using this application for conversion of Notes database to Outlook. The tool is certainly worth every penny that you invest.