Product Review for QuickData MBOX to PST Converter
MBOX, being the most flexible file format is used in a variety of email applications such as Netscape Mail, Eudora Mail, Spicebird, Pocomail, Entourage, Barkeley Mail to name a few. The only limitation associated with this file format is that it requires internet connection to view emails that are stored as MBOX files.
But this very limitation can be eradicated and the email messages can be accessed whenever required through the medium of MS Outlook. The emails can be converted with the help of MBOX to PST Converter software. Internet connectivity is required only to download emails from Server and thereafter, these mails can be opened and accessed anytime in the form of PST files.
Major Attributes of the Converter
1. The tool offers two different options while convert MBOX files to PST:
i. Create a single PST file for each MBOX file
ii. Create one PST for saving data from all MBOX files
2. The facility to store large sized PST into smaller storage units is also provided.
3. Apart from PST, the tool allows storing emails to EML and MSG file format.
4. While saving to EML and MSG, the respective files can be saved with appropriate names.
5. Selected items from an MBOX file can be converted to PST by clicking on the corresponding checkboxes.
6. Selective folders can also be converted while eradicating export for all the uploaded items.
7. The Output PST file can be restored on any location within storage media.
Available in v2.2 with the volume of 15.8 MB, MBOX to PST Converter requires 50 MB of free space on a storage drive. Apart from this, the other system specifications are:
® Downloaded over all 32 & 64 bit versions of Windows Operating System.
® 1 GB RAM is optimal, whereas 2.4 GHz processor is required.
® MS Outlook installation is not required for implementing conversion.
® No other alternate email client is required to support MBOX files.
® Trial version of the product can be tested for checking the performance of the tool as well as its compatibility over the machine.
The online tutorials are available and can be referred to in case of difficulties (if any) while working with the tool.
i. Video Tutorials
ii. Screenshots\ Sequential Images
Support Team can be contacted if any discrepancies exist or it seems to be difficult to operate the tool.
What more is offered?
1. Preview: When an MBOX file is being uploaded to the tool panel, a preview for all the items gets generated. This offers the option to select which components have to be exported or which items to exclude from the export.
2. ‘Normal View’ tab: Clicking an item in the preview pane will display the integrated message in the ‘Normal View’ tab and this will help concluding if the message contains crucial information and needs to be exported.
3. ‘Attachments’ tab: The attachments enclosed within get enlisted in the ‘Attachments’ tab. When an attachment is selected, the embedded elements are displayed in the right pane of the tool and can be extracted thereafter.
4. Export Report: Once done with the conversion procedure, it generates an ‘Export Report’ that holds the summary of the MBOX file name, the items that are successfully converted as well as the failed items. This report can be saved as CSV file on the machine.
MBOX to PST Converter software incorporates all necessary conversion features; therefore nothing much needs to be added or altered. However, there is one simple addition that the developers must consider. The tool is limited to the boundaries of Windows email apps’ MBOX files and as per my opinion, it must be supported over Mac OS X due to fairly flexible nature of these files.
As per my experience and understanding working with the tool, the assembled features found to be appropriate and compatible to the conversion requirements. The performance of the tool is efficient, though the conversion time that it takes for individual files depends upon file volume.
The output that the tool delivered is accurate; especially the option to save PST files into partitioned units. This result in the high caliber performance of application as large volume PST hinders Outlook performance. Moreover, saving files into single file format helps better storage and re-arrangement of data over the machine.