Captain of the Queens Game Review
Review For Captain of the Queens Game
Publisher: Windward Technology
Website URL: http://www.windwardtechnologyhawaii.com/
We have combined years of cruising on Cunard ships with extensive programming skills to create Captain of the Queens, a realistic simulator for Windows PC’s that challenges you to maneuver one of Cunard Line’s massive ships to her berth.
- All of Cunard’s recent “Queens” are included: Queen Mary, Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth 2 and the newest, Queen Elizabeth.
- These designs range from 4 fixed propellers on Queen Mary to the challenging four rotating pods on Queen Mary 2 that steer the ship without rudders. Queen Mary and QE2 both have tug boats available to help you nudge them in to the dock.
- Choose from the world’s most interesting and challenging harbors: Honolulu, Nawiliwili, Apia, Sydney, New York, Long Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and Southampton.
- Request the machinery to respond immediately or choose maximum realism for the real-life lag in response of propellers, rudders and pods.
- Choose custom wind conditions or allow the winds to shift direction and speed from mild to hurricane force.
- Test your skills by allowing random equipment failure. Can you still dock QE2 with both rudders disabled? Dock QM2 without bow thrusters?
- For a final test request shipping traffic that you must avoid. (The aircraft carrier can be a real problem!)
- Adjust the simulation speed to rush through any long straight runs.
- Running aground or ramming other traffic accumulates damage to your ship that might even sink!
The simulator is both fun and educational and a separate program provides a fun party game. Choose a ship and a harbor and compete to dock the ship in a limited time period. Scores are assigned according to how close you can come to the dock minus any damage to the ship.
- Download Captain of the Queens Game Free Trial Here:
- Download Captain of the Queens Game Full Version Here:
Preview Captain of the Queens Game Site To Review: